Thursday, January 22, 2009

RIGHT NOW

Tonight I applied the Brazen Honey face mask from Lush compliments of Ali. While the mask was working all of its magic, I did all of the dishes in the sink to settle myself before bed. I straightened up the living room. I washed off the mask, and my face feels amazing and clean. It feels good to clean up before bedtime. I guess because it's nice to wake up on a sunny, new day to a clean house.

I am almost ready to go to sleep. I am listening to the CD compilation that came with the Fiction Issue of Vice Magazine. I have fallen behind on my music consumption. I've heard of a lot of the bands but I haven't actually heard them. When track number two came on, "Secrets" by Total Abuse, my cat went batshit crazy and stuck her claws into my thighs and scratched my arm really badly. I guess if I was going to review that song I would describe it as violent, and distinctly not cat-friendly. Now Wendy is back and she is being sweet as pie. She must really like "It Doesn't Matter" by the Sunbears. Wendy has good taste. I like this song a lot better too. From now on I am going to review music with my cat.

Something that made me laugh yesterday was seeing a minivan parked near Broad and Wharton with a bumper sticker that said "If you don't like the way I drive, GET OFF OF THE SIDEWALK." The van was parked with its back left wheel on the sidewalk.

I have really come to enjoy my ride home on the subway solely due to the other people who ride the subway. No one talks to each other in the morning. Everyone has tired eyes, everyone is in a bad mood, and no one wants to go wherever it is they are going. But the way home has the promise of freedom! Freedom to lay on the couch for five hours watching reality television. (That's what the other people do, I presume.) It's a really great opportunity to overhear conversation. Today I overheard some snobby type girls talking about Bikram Yoga. I became mildly obsessed with Bikram last winter after trying it. It's my super secret resolution for 2009. Overhearing their conversation was sort of like fate, or what fate really is- coincidence. I have to go back, I have to go back.

Oh and, sorry to break the news but Party Boy is fired from Good Days and Special Times. So I am wondering if I should change the url name, or find a new Party Boy. This is something I spend maybe two hours a day wondering about.

Bon nuit!

2 comments:

Hannah.5¢ said...

i have so many comments for you.
1. i have seen the van you speak of
2. <3 the idea of birkam.
3. has party boy ever posted? i mean really, give me a break.
4. i did stand up tonight, it was silly, i think i want to collaborate with you on it, we could get a real fine act together you know real fine.
5. ICE SKATING. on penn campus 1-3 every weekdays, like 7$ lets make it happen!

JM said...

I forgot about a bumper sticker I saw and wanted to text you about but I was driving - I'M ONLY SPEEDING BECAUSE I HAVE TO POOP