Monday, December 29, 2008

How Do You Relax?

The other day on the subway this lady was doing all sorts of stretching manuevers. I don't usually see this on the subway. She was with her friend, and apologized in a "don't-mind-me" sort of way. She told her friend "All that walking really inflamed my joints." Her friend seemed sympathetic, even though she was telling her about her job at the Archdiocese and how she had to walk four miles a day to get there. (Side note, I don't think what she described was four miles. How many city blocks equal four miles?) The stretching lady then goes "I can't wait to get home. I have the house to myself. I'm going to run a bath, just relax, and start reading Marley and Me". She also planned on "putting on a facial." Her friend assured her: "Oh, that's a great book. You'll love it." I didn't know that was even a book, but for some reason I was kind of surprised she described it as "great." Does Jennifer Aniston turn great books into even greater movies? According to mtv.com, it lead a Record Breaking Holiday Weekend Opening. So I guess she does! A far cry from Camp Cucamonga.

I always wondered who goes to the movies on Christmas Day. I'm sure Marley and Me is a really cute movie if you like really cute movies. Someone told me they used TWENTY TWO DOGS to make that movie. That's a lot of poop.

I also wonder what one person versus another considers relaxing. I don't think baths are that relaxing. I haven't taken one in years. I really like laying around wrapped in a blanket. For me, blankets just equal relaxation. If I ever become famous and get to show my pad on MTV Cribs, you better believe it will include a room soley devoted to blankets, painted light blue like the sky, with tons of feathers in it, and Memory Foam coated floors. I tried Google-imaging a similar type of room, but one does not exist. Yet.

1 comment:

ponyforpony said...

1 mile is about 8 blocks
hence
that lady said she'd to walk 32 blocks to get to work.... !creo que no!

p.s. i bet yrr stoked about paula abdul's cheerleading bowl! right?!