Thursday, February 12, 2009

On The Topic of Love...

I feel strange about and detached from the idea of love. I don't think I've ever been in it, and thinking about being in it makes me feel really weird. I don't usually talk about my feelings anywhere but my Diary, which is not for public consumption, but I just thought I would put that out there. Happy Valentine's Day, dudes!

Today I saw a lot of people in love. A man carrying flowers home for his wife, a woman holding her boyfriend's arm and gazing at him with lovey eyes, a couple talking about their plans for the weekend, married people taking the subway to the game together. Flowers make me feel weird. Coupling makes me feel weird. I don't know how to be a girlfriend, I don't know how not to be selfish.

I'm not looking for love, but hoping that it will find me, smiling, drunk and dancing, somewhere when I least expect it.

P.S. In case you were wondering, Franklin from Peanuts is not that into me. Neither is this guy:



I am not going to back down!

No comments: